Thursday, August 9, 2012

Inside the Pin: Meatball Bubble Biscuits


(This recipe here)
New recipes always make me nervous. What if I slave over this meal and it sucks??

I #1 cooking tip (and probably only one) if a recipe says to use crescent rolls or biscuit rolls, I use Rhodes Dough! (I take that back, I do use crescents in 1 recipe) It tastes so much better and is cheaper! It’s less than $1 a loaf!

 So for this recipe I thawed my Rhodes, cooked my meatballs in the microwave (I buy pre-done ones). I cut off chunks of dough bigger enough to hold everything, wrapped up the string cheese and the half a meatball. I placed them face down on a greased cookie sheet. Baked at 375 for 10 minutes. I wasn’t sure how I expected them to taste, but we LOVED them! My husband raved that it was a meatball sub ball! We dipped them in some pizza sauce we had (I added my left over Italian seasoning and garlic to it and heated it up)

Next time: we are going to try shredded cheese instead so can surround the meatball more! Other then that, LOVE them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment