Saturday, April 28, 2012

Camo Birthday Banner

My husband LOVES hunting and just going out and shooting.

The day before his birthday I went in to Jo Ann's to get some camo paper to make a card. After I got home I was searching the internet for a (better) idea. I saw a  cute camo birthday banner and just had to go make one!

The total cost of it was: $2.50 and majority of that was the ribbon for the top!

I cut out 14 triangles with my Silhouette.
Then I cut out Happy Birthday and cross-hairs in black vinyl.
I was going to use black thread, but I was out.

I ended up LOVING the look of the dark green thread on the black ribbon, very camo/ hunter looking to me! -I sewed the triangles together with the ribbon up top. Then I applied the vinyl (did it like stickers/ by hand so the transfer tape would not peal up paper!)

I LOVE how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment