Friday, March 16, 2012

Bow Making 101: How to make Flower Bows



I am making my daughter's Spring and Summer hair bows and I wanted new styles. I have all of 3 styles I use and I'm tired of them.... I searched on Pinterest and found this tutorial (Here)

I really liked it, but I suck at using a needle and thread, but I attempted and failed! I went back to my trusty glue gun, here's how I did it! (watch their tutorial first!)

First I decided on what colors and what lengths I wanted. I did 9 inches, 8, 7 and 6.
(My teal one is the 9) I wanted to do 10 loops, so 5 pieces of ribbon per layer. I cut them all out...










When I was ready to assemble I folder the ribbon in half to make a crease to know where to glue.

Then I put my hot glue on and folded each side over. I made sure not to over lap the two sides because it will just make it even thicker then it is!

Once I had the pieces glued, I laid them out to see how it will look and how to space them because I glued them all together.


I glued the first layer together, then the second layer. When I went to put them together they didn't match up very well, so I changed that plan. From then on I glued each other layer each piece of ribbon on top of the already assembled part. Does that make sense?? Well, it worked really well!

Keep adding layers and something decorative on top!

I did a smaller one next (6 inches, 4 1/2 and 3 1/2) I think I need to stick to the same ratio in the decending sizes. Not that I look at it, I don't like the green to blue size differnce.


No comments:

Post a Comment