Tuesday, December 31, 2013

January's Meals

Now that December is (almost) over I can admit that December was rough! When it got down to it we figured we had $0 for December's budget! Yep, no money for food. Guess what? We did not starve or ever go hungry at all. Our stockpile/ food storage was so big it didn't even faze us! We did probably spend $20 ish on diapers and milk.

We finally have money again so I did January's grocery shopping a few days early! I'm sure we'll have probably 1 more trip to the store, but our first one we spent $102.

We got:
Apples
Apple sauce
Bananas
Bread- 4
Chicken breast
Chicken broth
Chili Seasoning- 2
Chips
Cranberry sauce
Ground beef
Half and Half
Italian dressing
Lasagna
Mayo
Meatballs
Milk-2
Paper Towels
Pretzels
Ramen (case, 12)
Rhodes Loafs- 5
Rolls (enough for 2 meals)
Shortening
Sour cream
Sparkling Cider- 2
Tator tots
Teddy grahams
Vegetable oil

My parents have a lemon tree, so I also got my years supply of lemons from them! I juice them all and freeze them into ice cubes, then store them in a ziplock bag.

January's Meals:
Breakfasts:
Orange Rolls
Cinnamon Rolls
Oatmeal Cups
Waffles
Cereal

Lunches:
Sliced Baked Potatoes
Waffles
Leftovers

Dinners:
Crockpot Meatballs (one of our new favorites)
Pasta with Alfredo sauce
Cheesy Bread and Pasta
Chili Cheese Tots I used to not be a fan of Chili, but I LOVE this new recipe I found (here)
Broccoli and Rice casserole
Cheese Burger Casserole
Brinner
Meatball Bubble Biscuits
Zesty BBQ Chicken
Chicken Parm
Chicken Nuggets
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Sliced Baked Potatoes
Another Potato Soup (we got potatoes on sale for dirt cheap!)
Ground Beef and Rice casserole (minus the peas)
Cowboy Casserole
Meatloaf
Goulash
Empanadas
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Cafe Rio's Pork (we got a big pork loin on sale!)
Pizzas/ Stromboli


Sides and Other:
Freezer Biscuits
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Sweet Chili Sauce (have you tried it at Mc Donalds on their chicken nuggets? It is amazing!)

I'm going to have to buy more chicken/ beef to finish up the month.




No comments:

Post a Comment