Friday, November 15, 2013

Extreme Couponing...

This month we got 9 FREE Lindt Chocolate bars (at $2 each). Even through that is AWESOME, I didn’t feel it was “extreme couponing”. I finally got a screaming deal that I am very proud of.


Want to take a guess at how much I spent on everything pictured? (It's kind of hard to see everything. There is 9, 1# boxes of spaghetti, 1 can of Rotel tomatoes and 1 pack of fun sized Snickers.
My husband’s guess was $5



Before adding the Snickers to my cart, Smith’s owed me .25 cents! So I grabbed the snickers because Smiths’ won’t let you have an overage. You have to pay something. After adding the snickers (they were .99 cents) plus tax, I paid .82 cents!!! Even the cashier was impressed! Remember, my stores don't double coupons. If they did like you see so many times on "Extreme Couponing", I would of have $11 in overage!

How did I do it? I printed coupons via GrocerySmarts! I check their site once every few days.

A friend asked me, “How do you have time to coupon?”. I’m a super busy working mom. Doing everything to get this deal, looking on the website, printing and cutting coupons. I spent about 20 minutes “couponing”. I spend maybe 2 hours a week couponing.

How do I stay organized?
I LOVE my paper cutter! We got it for our business, so we didn’t get it just to cut coupons.


My coupon envelope is the BEST THING EVER. I got it at the $1 store!

As soon as I print and cut a coupon I put it the pocket for what store I need to get it at.
Once I get to the store, I pull all my coupons for that store and go through them again. Once I have the item in my cart, I put the coupon in the front pocket of my envelope. That way when I am done shopping, I just grab everything in the front pocket and I’m good to go!

I stack my other coupons by the date I got them. I write the date on the top so it’s easy to see. I don’t cut them, unless I go to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment