Friday, September 13, 2013

Freezer Meals: Week 5

I fell out of my groove of making freezer meals. Which results in us eating out more, because we don't have food ready to eat at home. Between our business and my husband's job, he only has 30 minutes every night to come home, eat and get ready for work. So if dinner isn't ready, we're in trouble.

I finally sat down the other day and planned out 2 1/2 weeks worth of meals! It felt so good. I try to plan my menu around items I know I have (like hot dogs and bananas in the freezer) and items I need for 1 recipe and know I will have more of (like the potatoes). Any recipe that says packaged dough or canned biscuits, I always make my own (or used Rhodes)! This is coming from someone who hates cooking. My Kitchenaid literally changed how I feel about cooking!!!


Week 1:
Chili Mac
Baked Potato Soup
Salsa Chicken (it doesn't make much chicken)
Meatball Subs
Alfredo Pasta (I use this recipe, minus the spinach and articoke, it's the best alfedo EVER)
Corn Bake
Biscuit Pizzas

Week 2:
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Broccoli Rice Cups
Wonton Tacos
- Wonton Wrappers
Taco Bake
- Homemade Crescents
Sliced Baked Potatoes
Southwestern Chicken Calzon
- Dough (I usually use this dough, but decided to try out a pizza one)
Corn Dogs

Week 3:
BBQ Beef Pockets (same dough as the calzons)
Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
Banana Bread Pancakes

I also made Caramel Apple Cider. Note- I used my homemade caramel, it did not mix in well so next time I will be using the one they recommend! It was still very good!!!

-I cooked up all the meat and put them in their own labeled bags and froze them. I browned up the 2 batches of taco meat together, then took half out and mixed in what I needed for the Taco Bake. I mixed in beans and corn in the other half for the wonton tacos. I cooked all 3 batches of chicken in boiling water on the stove, then shreaded in my Kitchenaid. I also made all the doughs and froze them.

No comments:

Post a Comment