Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Slacking...

Not only am I slacking on my posts, but on my freezer meals! I usually do all my meals on Saturday, but we were too busy, then Sunday just flew by. So here are the past few weeks meals:

Breakfast:
Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches: My sister taught me this Awesome trick- These bowls are the Perfect size for english muffins & to cook them in the microwave!

I spray each cup with non-stick spray, put 1 egg and a little milk and salt and pepper and scramble. I cook it in 30 second increments until it's done, usually 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. I used pre-cooked sausage, warmed it up in a skillet pan. Took the english muffin, egg, sausage and cheese, made a sandwich, wrapped in tin foil and froze in a gallon bag! Then heated them up in microwave when ready to eat!

I also took this idea: Breakfast Grilled Cheese and ran with it. I made a big batch of waffles, frooze them in gallon bags. In the morning I heated them up in the toaster, then spread 1 with cream cheese and the other with jam to make what we have called "Waffle sandwiches". Oh, they are AMAZING! They remind me of the strawberry/ cream cheese begalfuls.


Lunch:
My daughter LOVES salad and I love costa vida's salads. So I put together salad fixin's (minus the meat). It was really easy and worked really well. I got a Roman lettuce, washed it and tore it up. I also made beans, rice, pico and ranch from this list of recipes! We use this ranch a LOT! We dip chips in it, I poured it over my burrito I made a few weeks ago- Way good on everything. I made a double batch and freezed/ stored it in mason jars. (these are the Cafe Rio recipes, but it's pretty much the same thing!)
I cooked the rice in the crockpot, worked perfectly! (recipe here)
We also make our own tortilla chips (and when doing Costa Vida/ Cafe Rio we did little tortilla strips!). It is Insanely easy!!!! Take tortilla's cut them up however you want. When doing chips I cut them into 8 ths. Place them in the deep fry until done, it doesn't bubble as much and they start turning golden brown. Sprinkle with salt (or even seasoning salt!).

Dinner:
Garlic Honey Chicken... It was so good!

Corn and Pasta: I did mess up and cooked it on the stove top, which is fine, but I didn't drain the corn and I should have. I cooked the pasta, then dumped everything else in. One of our favorites! Even though we ended up with corn pasta soup!

Homemade Hamburger Helper. It was good, done buying the boxed junk. Excited to try all the ones she has posted!

Tonight I am doing Empanada's! Before Pinterest I got majority of my recipes from kraftrecipes.com. We have transitioned from the "Empanada Pie" to individual ones that we deep fry. (filling recipe here) Tonight I added 1/2 can corn and 1/2 can black beans too! (Dough recipe here) it also works for pies and anything like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment