Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Coconut Oil Face Scrub


I usually hate "scrubs". I don't like the gritty texture of them. I decided to give this a try and needless to say I just made my second batch!

I have oily skin so I didn't think that putting coconut oil on it would help, but it did! I also have PCOS which causes me to still constantly have acne at 31! This is the first thing I've found that actually helps! I should go without for a week and let it get bad so I can take before and after pictures. Within 24 hours of using it my zits start flaking off and don't come back as much as they usually do!

Plus the recipe is so easy!!!
I have seen it 2 different ways:
1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp. Baking Soda

or
1 Tbsp  Coconut Oil
1 tsp. Baking Soda

This batch I also added a few drops of lavender oil to make it small soothing and calming. I've read about adding Tea Tree oil, but I hate the smell of that so I used lavender.

No comments:

Post a Comment