Thursday, January 16, 2014

How to do Freezer Meals

Almost any recipe can be a freezer meal!

1. Pick what recipes you want to make

2. Plan your grocery shopping. My favorite Ipad app is called Prep & Pantry. It’s a great way to keep track of what you have and make a shopping list.

3. Shop

4. Cook

I don’t really have any secrets for how I do it. The more you can cook at once the better. If you have several recipes that need ground beef cook it all at the same time.

As I cook I evaluate the recipe to see I only need to cook part of it or all of it.
If it’s something like 4 cups of water, I don’t want to freeze all that. Whatever needs to added I write on the bag along with the cooking temp/ time.

I store my things a few different ways.

If the meal is ready to just throw in the oven I use a tin disposable thing. I have only been able to find them at Dollar Tree.

If I need to add more ingredients or it is going on the stove I usually put it in freezer bags.



If it is mainly liquid, like I make and freeze Alfredo sauce, I use a mason jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment