Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Clothes and toys for cheap...

This box is full, in fact I could probably use another one! It is filled with future presents for my kids or presents in case I’m invited to a shower/ party. It has both clothes and toys.

This is just part of what’s in this bin. I have other toys in the closet as well as more bins packed full of clothes!

Before I go any further, I’ve had people tell me, “That doesn’t work for me.” That’s okay, it doesn’t work for everyone. Some people prefer to have name brand clothes. I personally, don’t care. Especially since my kids are 2 and 4. They wear clothes for 6 months total and rarely actually wear them out. Why not only pay $30 for my kids wardrobes instead of in the $100?

Our crazy frugal shopping started before we even had kids. We would be at the store and see a cute little baby outfit on sale for dirt cheap (like $1), we just couldn’t pass it up. We knew that eventually we would have kids and well, why not? We had 6 years of stocking up before my daughter came along. My daughter is starting to get picky about what she wears, so my cheap shopping days might be coming to an end.

How I do it... We go shopping at Wal-Mart or Target, I glance at the clothes/ clearance section. If I find something at the price I want ($3 or under) I get it. If I think the price might go down again or I want to wait for a lower price, I check back every day or two to see if it goes down to what I want to pay.


I don’t just do it with my kids clothes, my husband and I’s clothes too! I have 4 pairs of capri’s and 2 pairs of jeans that I all got for $1 each! 95% of all the clothes my family buys is $3 or less.

Lately I’ve found toys for my son at Smiths on sale for dirt cheap too!

(These are $1.25 for 2 Cars cars!)


Everything in this picture was $1 each, which includes the whole outfit- shirt and leggings for $1. I’ve gotten my kids entire wardrobes for $1 to $3 for everything from shirts, pants and pajamas. I get almost everything 6 months to 6 years before hand! Right now my son is 2 and the next size clothes I need to buy him is a 4.

It's my daughter's birthday in 2 weeks and I don't have to go buy her anything! :) She loves dressing up. After Halloween I got 2 dresses and 1 skirt for a total of $19. Their original cost would be $40. Plus other items I've found on sale throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment