Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Sausage, Green Beans and Potatoes


I got my Instant Pot less than a week ago and I have been easing into it. I just planned my whole month menu and planned everything around the IP! I started cooking the potatoes at 5:45 and we were eating at 6:15!

I got some Kielbasa last week and wanted to use it up. I found this crockpot recipe and adapted it for the IP.

Then I found this IP recipe to find out how to cook the potatoes.

So here is the recipe:
1/2 a bag of 5# bag of potatoes, so 2 1/2#s of potatoes.
Olive oil
Rosemary
Parsley
Garlic
Salt
1 Cup Chicken broth
1 Package of Kielbasa
1 can green beans

I sprinkled olive oil into the bottom of the IP pan, added a few pinches of Rosemary, Parsley, and Garlic. I turned the IP onto Saute. My husband diced up the potatoes didn't peel them. I added them as he cut them up and added more oil and seasoning as we went along. Once we were done adding potatoes I continued to stir them around for about 8 minutes.

I turned the IP off. Added about 1 cup of chicken broth, stirred, topped with a can of green beans and cut up kielbasa- did NOT stir. I put the lid on and set it to cook for 10 minutes.

My husband was worried the potatoes wouldn't be cooked tender enough. As soon as it was done cooking I released the pressure. The potatoes were falling apart tender! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment