Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Arroz Con Pollo

My husband lived in Peru for 2 years. Since coming home it has been hard to find good, authentic Peruvian food. Since introducing me to it I have become obsessed with it! My favorite being Arroz Con Pollo (chicken and rice)

This is the best recipe. It will feed 4 people.
3 boneless and skinless breasts
1 cloves of fresh Garlic
1 small finely chopped onions
1/2 cup vegetable or Olive Oil
1 1/2 cups Rice (not instant)
3 cups chicken bouillon
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup frozen Peas
Salt and pepper to give taste


Sauté salted and peppered chicken breasts in oil until browned and cooked completely. Cut into smaller pieces, if you wish.
While the chicken in cooking, in a bowl mix garlic, onions, rice, and bouillon.
I put my cilantro in a blender and add broth from the rice mix as needed. Once it is all blended up I add it back to the rice.
Add the rice to chicken (once it's done), and cook over medium heat until liquid is absorbed. Add peas and continue to simmer over low heat until rice is cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment